Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Forward

Baby steps.  Sometimes, that is all I can do.  Maybe that is all I am supposed to do.  Sometimes it is hard not to look at my life and feel a vague sense of disappointment.  As a child, when I imagined my future, adult self, I sure didn't think that it would feel like this.  I thought that I would have all of the answers, that I would question nothing and I actually imagined that I would just take for granted that things would be peaceful and as they were supposed to be.  I was confident that being an adult looked just like that; confidence and knowing.  But I don't know anything, really.  And while I am mostly ok with that, the idea that as an adult, I would know things and wouldn't be living in a consistent state of mystery, was comforting.

No comments:

Post a Comment