Because having a starting point is awesome and this project is going to be more than awesome no fucks memes.
WHY SHOULD YOU NOT GIVE A FUCK?
- Less worry - This is self-evidently a good thing. Most concerns are of a frivolous nature anyway. Worrying about things outside your control is wasted energy that could have been spent on more productive things.
- Sometimes expectations are set too high - These unrealistic expectations lead to stress, even when progress has been made towards the goal. Slight progress is still a positive step forward. Goals are not necessary if continual progress is made. If the absolute best effort is given, it is unreasonable to expect a better outcome than what actually happened. Goals limit your potential if set too low, or reduce motivation if set too high. If you really enjoy what you are doing, the motivation to achieve greatness is independent of failure or reward. The motivation comes from the perpetual actualization of your best self, the person you had always expected to be.
- Not giving a fuck does not necessarily lead to complacency - There are some who overindulge in mindless behavior, and they are the people who should probably give a lot more fucks. But for those who really have a strong urge to accomplish or do something, not giving a fuck results in focused energy on the things that do matter. More time for what you are really passionate about is good for both mental health and for attaining a higher level of skill and knowledge in whatever you are doing.
- A greater capacity for perseverance - The obstacles of working towards a goal include failure and not receiving the extrinsic rewards one had hoped for. If you follow your own intuition, this drive naturally pushes you over the hurdles and plateaus.
- You will be more positive - Not giving a fuck about negativity results in more focus towards anything else that puts you in a better mindset. This can mean leaving behind subpar humans and places, as you automatically focus on better people and opportunities.
- You will learn a lot about yourself - When not giving a fuck results in going beyond your comfort zone, it forces self-awareness in order to best adapt to the new situation. You will try new things, have new experiences, expand your consciousness, and your personality will grow.
- It is exciting - You will try new things without fearing the worst. Not giving a fuck by putting yourself in unfamiliar territory and coming out of it with positive results will make you want to experiment with going out of your comfort zone more often. When you put yourself in these unique situations, the only thing that can result is a completely new set of circumstances from which your life must now proceed. These new opportunities would never have presented themselves had you stayed in your boring, comfortable bubble.
- You won’t have any regrets - Fear does not hinder you.
- You will have more confidence - When you are not worried about what others are thinking of you, your insecurities will vanish. Being different or unique is what distinguishes you from the masses and should be something to be proud of. When you love who you are, you won’t care about the meaningless opinions of others.
- You won’t fear rejection - You will go after what you want, even when told no. The more you are able to accept rejection and continue trying, the more likely you will succeed in acquiring what you want.
- People will like you more - You will have a more authentic personality, as it will conform to who you really are. You will speak honestly and express who you are. Those who think similarly will naturally gravitate towards you, while those who disagree will fade away.
- You will save time - You will get to the point quickly in your interactions with others. There is no misunderstanding when you are very straightforward and say what you mean without ambiguity. You will get your answer with a quick yes/no, rather than a maybe.
- You will take control of your life - You won’t care to make excuses for yourself. You won’t waste time on inconsequential worries, and you will focus more on the important things that can improve your life.