Friday, February 20, 2015

Accidental Experiment in Fucklessness

My accidental fucklessness experiement yesterday yielded 107 responses. 107. (As of this morning.  The number is higher now!)

Here is the original post from Facebook:

READ CAREFULLY - Ok, so let me see how this turns out: It occurs to me that for each and every one of you on my friends list, I catch myself looking at your pictures, sharing jokes and news, as well as support during good and bad times. I am also happy to have you among my friends. We will see who will take the time to read this message until the end. I'm going to be watching to see who takes care of the friendship, just like me. So if you are reading this, then thank you for being a part of my life. So leave ONE WORD to tell me about a fuck you would like to not give. Just one fuck that you wish you could give up... tell it to me... your FUFriend until the end, beautiful babies.

As of this moment, 116 people have responded. 116 people responded to the post to say that they have at least one thing that they would like to give up giving a fuck about. Fucklessness. That is what I am talking about. What does it say about us all that we are so stressed and burdened by negativity? So, I challenged everyone to take a No Fucks Challenge. See how you might be transformed by letting go of that of which you give too many fucks and that which deserves utter fucklessness. Try it for a day or a week. Try consciously letting go of your fucks about the thing that you listed....Let me know what happens.  

I don;'t know if anyone will actually do this, but I was overwhelmed by the quality and quantity of responses and so I made these little word clouds as visual representations of that which burdens us the most.  Please notice the leading cause of our troubles...



No comments:

Post a Comment